Thursday, March 11, 2010

Angel Crochet


An angel I made for my co-worker's birthdate present.



Wings, halo, and body.


I used size 10 white crochet thread, a steel 7 hook, white glue, a funnel, and shellac spray to give it some water-proofing after the starching.

The pattern is here: Lora's Angel.
Evil Bitch-Monster of Death's Wings, Row 7 correction: Ch 3, turn, dc in same st as turning, (ch 1, dc in next dc) 10 times. Ch 1, 2 dc in last dc. (11 ch-1 loops)


Shellac gives the finished product a bit of an ecru tint that doesn't show very much in the first picture.


I may test a better "clear" sealant from an art store on the next couple of angels. Oh, yes, couple. After presenting the angel to my co-worker, I received requests from my other coworker and boss for angels like this one. They intend to use the angels as tree-toppers, which gives me until December. Plenty of time to play with LEDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contribute to the collective: