Sunday, February 14, 2010

Horny Werewolf Day!


Happy Horny Werewolf Day!

In the spirit of blood, wolves, and fucking, I crocheted lots of hearts. Maybe next year I'll make a werewolf, perhaps with a heart that has "I Wuf Awoooo" on it, and a fire for it to dance around. For those of you interested in ancient pagan things, search the internet or books for Lupercalia and enjoy.

The 'smile' is a heart bookmark from Suzie's Stuff. I used size 10 crochet thread, size 7 steel hook, and extended the chain a bit so it will fit large hardcover books.


These are made from a modified version of two patterns I found online: Heart Garland and Heart Ornament. I had fun with white and red crochet thread, size 10, and I think a size 7 steel hook.


In the red garland, I combined big hearts and little hearts from the ornament/garland pages. It is long enough to be a nice necklace. The ends are similar to the individual hearts -- a loop and a bulb.


White garland, made in 2 pieces to attach to red garland or attach to itself to make a white garland.


I found this heart pattern on Creative Yarn Source. I plan to starch the heart later this week. While following the pattern, I noticed a minor inconsistency. The fix is below.

Evil Bitch-Monster of Death's Row 12 correction: Sl st in 2nd dc, sl st in ch 3 space, Ch 3, (dc, ch 3, 2 dc) in same ch 3 space. Ch 4, skip ch 4, (dc, ch 1, dc) in ch 1 space Ch 2, skip ch 2 and sc, sc in next ch 2 space, ch 2, sc in next ch 2 space. Ch 2, skip next ch 2, (dc, ch 1, dc) in next ch 1 space, ch 3. Skip next dc, ch 1, and next 2 dc. (2 dc, ch 3, 2 dc) in next ch 2 space. Turn.


I also made a key chain out of a book mark design from Donna's Crochet Designs. It will get sewn/crocheted onto a key ring soon.

All this red love in the air. If I could post an mp3 with this, it would be Type O-Negative - Wolfmoon (Including Zoanthropic Paranoia).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contribute to the collective: