Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Paddy's Day Treats


Green food! These radioactive-looking treats are lemon-cheesecake bars.

At least, they were supposed to be. I poured the lemon filling in too quickly and it did not float on top of the (also green) cheesecake layer, but instead stirred it up in chunks. Still tasty, and green.


Green colored, cinnamon-clove flavored marshmallows -- hand-beaten. My electric mixer broke right as I started to beat the sugar syrup.


This is my surprisingly useful hand-mixer -- thanks Mom! =) However, it is tedious and uncomfortable to beat marshmallow syrup by hand and I will not be doing it again.


Another example of why flash is not always your friend. Benign hand-mixer becomes Medieval torture device casting ominous shadows when flash is applied.

Drink up, festive folk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contribute to the collective: