Friday, October 8, 2010

Mischief the Fuzzbutt


Mischief the Fuzzbutt, a ferret memorial


A friend of mine lost one of her ferrets shortly after a move. I quickly located and purchased an awesome pattern for an amigurimi ferret from Planet June: Ferret Pattern. Eyelash yarn, or fuzzy yarn, is not as easy to find these days in all the colors of the rainbow (specifically, tan), so I acquired the body color from her mom in regular acrylic. After figuring out how to modify the pattern to look more like Mischief, I got to crocheting. Longer face, slightly longer body, and mostly blue eyes. My reference was my memory and one picture from Facebook. For my first amigurimi animal ever, I think Mischief turned out rather well =)

I have since discovered there is a brushing technique to get acrylic to look kind-of fuzzy. Might look into this in the near future.

Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contribute to the collective: