Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Rice Crispy Treats with Chocolate and Butterscotch


Rice crispy treats of awesome!


I stirred butterscotch chips into the marshmallows as I melted them in the butter. I was planning to also use peanut butter, but I left my peanut butter at the office.


On top, I put melted chocolate chips, then melted butterscotch chips. I had left over rice crispies from making the marshmallow squares, so I put them on top, too. I thought they would stick in the chocolate/butterscotch, but not so much. For the top "layer," I put a simple sugar syrup to hold the loose rice crispies in place.

Note to self: lightly press in pan, not 'crush crispies into a solid brick.'

These were a big hit with the student assistants. A nice end-of-the-semester treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contribute to the collective: